I’m Neil Saunders, based in Sydney, Australia. I’m currently employed as a data scientist in the New South Wales Government Department of Education.
Before that, I worked:
- as a data scientist with a healthcare technology start-up
- as a statistical bioinformatician with CSIRO
- as a research officer in computational biology in the Kobe lab at the University of Queensland
- as a bioinformatician working on microbial genome projects at the University of New South Wales
- as a molecular microbiologist at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- as a postgraduate student in biochemistry at the University of Oxford
You can find me on a few social networks though I’m less active now than I was in the golden age (2008).
Any opinions expressed here are mine, not those of my employer.
In general, I don’t go back and revise old posts. If you’ve come here via a Google search for PHP background processes, YouTube sound in Firefox or installing Ubuntu from a USB stick, be aware that these (and similar) posts are out of date and probably no longer relevant. Think about the date of the post before leaving a comment.
If you’re commenting for the first time, your comment will go to a moderation queue. Once approved, future comments should appear straight away. Be aware that comments containing multiple URLs frequently require approval or worse, fall into the spam queue.