I’ve tried (and you can find me at):
- Mugshot – aggregates a limited number of sources, doesn’t seem to update properly from del.icio.us, has conversation features (quips, comments)
- FriendFeed – nice look and feel, a limited number of sources, has conversation features (comments, ratings)
- Profilactic – by far my favourite in terms of look/feel and sources (you can add anything that has a feed) but no conversations as yet
Lifestreams are fun. I don’t expect anyone to care about what I just played on last.fm (and likewise), but these are all ways of broadcasting yourself and making connections. Read Deepak’s post for some thoughts on how this might apply to science.
Here’s a crazy idea – the workstream:
- Neil parsed SwissProt entry Q38897 using parser script swiss2features.pl
- Bob calculated all intersubunit contacts in PDB entry 2jdq using CCP4 package contact